Saturday, October 03, 2015

Another pillow

I often start my hand stitching with no plans. More often than not they end up as pillows. Like this one.
I bought a lovely piece of hand-dyed fabric from Elaine Quehl when she visited our guild.
One can only admire fabric for so long. I took a piece with me when we went to Northern Ireland for 4 weeks earlier this year.
A variety of embroidery threads and a old tea towel from my MIL for batting and I was off. A few rows of stitching every day and it was finished.
I wanted to try something different than piping on the pillow. Inserting a flange while sewing the front and back together was easy.






The backing is a Nancy Crow fabric. I love having a handmade souvenir of precious time spent with family.

1 comment:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

You have great patience to do all that hand stitching. The pillow turned out great. The fabrics coordinate so well together.