Friday, March 07, 2008

repeat after me..


it is only fabric, it is only fabric.
Yes you can use that beautiful fabric you love so much. Use it before your tastes change & you wonder at what the big deal was!!
same for dyed fabrics. Yes I made it myself & yes it is the only piece like it in the world but it isn't being appreciated folded away in a basket.
I dyed this during my one & only go at dying last year at St. Lawrence College. When it warms up a bit I'm going to dye a whole lot. Like everything else it takes practice to get it right.
Myrna is really enjoying herself much to her surprise.
This bag was made according to directions from the first issue of Quilt WOW (workshop on the web) by Edwina MacKinnon who happens to be my tutor for the C&G Sketchbook course I'm taking through DesignMatters. There is a gorgeous example of the same style bag in the Thr3fold Journal Reader's Gallery. and another example on the cover of this book.

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is astoundingly gorgeous. I'm so glad it's not folded and hidden away. WOW it's so so so so so so lovely!!!
OXO mel