Friday, March 23, 2007

variegated

what is it about variegated stuff - thread, floss ,yarn that is so attractive?
these are DMC embroidery floss I bought at Michael's to do some hand work when I will be separated from my beloved sewing machine! I haven't done cross-stitch in years. I still have 2 beautiful roosters done languishing in the UFO box.
Its been eons since I've done any work by hand. I even resist finishing bindings by hand. I am interested in the following TAST has generated and my favourite magazine is Stitch by the Embroiderers' Guild in the UK. I recently saw it at a Chapters store but I get it when I'm in Northern Ireland because a special lady gets the magazine for me the day it hits the bookstores.
So its time I actually did some handwork again.
I'm thinking of something like this. the background is felted and then has stitching. I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

winnsangels said...

Lovely variegated. Good luck with your stitching. I adore the piece that you've chosen to model your work on. I never really had done much handwork in past but am totally loving it now.

Hugs,
Wendy