Sunday, April 30, 2006

'Weeds are flowers too'

What is it about dandelions? Like Carmi says they show up virtually overnight. Are they an unwelcome guest in your lawn? Does it become a personal war against them? What approach do you take? Do you take that forked prong designed specifically for this species- dig in deep to 'pop' that long tap root with a smug 'I gottcha' or resort to chemical warfare?
I'm here to tell you that battle is won before it began. There will always be dandelions.



There are some wonderful quotes about weeds. my favourite is 'but make no mistake: the weeds will win; nature bats last' Robert M Pyle

2 comments:

Carmi Cimicata said...

I finally got a chance to pop by your blog and say hello! I wanted to tell you that Leslie Iley is an amzing instructor...and her DVD is just jammed with all her tips and ideas. She teaches quite a bit. Two of my girlfriends are heading to Dallas this month for the Art and Soul conference and will be in classes with her!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

weeds are flowers with a bad name, or I should say a bad reputation! Yet your art, showing the stages of a dandelion, changes that idea! Lovely!