Thursday, April 13, 2006

Make-it-U!


The most fun I've had at school!! Quilting Arts & cloth, paper, scissors magazines had a huge section at the Chicago quilt show. There were vendors that advertise in the magazines as well as a teaching area for the 1 hour classes. I took three classes. Like a good artist I altered my tags.
The first class I took on Thursday night was with Pokey. We got to play with a variety of supplies to alter a canvas bag.
We stamped with Staz-on ink, painted with Lumiere paints by Jacquard. Mine needs some more work before I can put it to use! It was great fun to try new products.
The second class I took was with Shelley Stokes who does great things with Shiva oil sticks. We moved quickly trying different techniques. We rubbed the paint over a template -mine is alligator skin texture-
we did stencilling with a paint brush - I like the checkerboard pattern I did with the metallic paint. It shows up nicely on the dark fabric.
These are expensive art supplies so it was great to try & get a couple little sticks to bring home. I will have to go back to my copy of Quilt Toppings by Melody Crust to see her work with the paint sticks.
The third class I took at Make-it-U was with Jill Haglund of Tweet Jill Publications. We work quickly to get a good start on ATC made from playing cards.We stamped, used newspaper as background, painted with twinkling H20's which you can see shining on my ATC. The piece of newspaper I used was from the business section and was about stocks but I like how it relates to the 3 little girls in the image. It reads 'Six Year High'.

The second ATC is not as far along. but I like how the 3 on his little dunce hat relates to the face of the card which will be the back of the ATC.

So much fun. Thanks Pokey.

No comments: