Thursday, March 29, 2007

fabric book part 1

I participated in a round robin fabric book with some lovely women from a group called Fabric-olics. I'm so glad I have photos of the pages I made & sent along.
The first one I received was from Lenna. Lenna has a wonderful website full of art & personal stories. The theme of her book was My Secret Lake in the shape of the lake where she & her husband now make their home. Lenna hosts and participates in many round robins & exchanges. She is making a quiltie a week for this entire year for herself and her husband.
My page for Lenna's book has a cover of vellum through which you can see the fish in the lake. Rainbow trout of course because I have one of my Dad's mounted fish watching over me everyday in my sewing room.

The rainbow trout fish are embellished with metallic thread sewn on from the bobbin and the back is some more funky fish.

No comments: