Sunday, April 16, 2006

whiplash competition






whipup


A terrific new site for crafters of all kinds -Whip up - is having a weekly contest. It also starts the mental archives playing Whip-it, whip-it good by Devo. But I was in university which makes me older than Melissa!
The theme this week is everday creativity.
I'm not a big purse person. I will use the same small purse for years. But I do need totes. Into the tote everyday goes the purse, my moleskine,daytimer, journals for work, magazines for lunch reading, the daily newspaper, assorted containers with food sometimes for 3 meals if I'm at work for 11 hours. I am affectionately known at home as the Queen of Leftovers and not the Leftover Queen!
I had this piece of decorator fabric I picked up at a thrift store for a couple of bucks. I love the design, the colours, the texture. How lovely it would be to have it with me everyday. I decided to create a new tote for spring & retire my corduroy one for now. It whipped up following instructions from make-it-easy. There was not much choice for webbing -blue or beige - I sewed it down with green thread for a little contrast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice tote,You do have a great work ethic and this can be what i call "solitary pleasures"
little things that make your life more pleasant each day,Keep it up
love Rosie

Unknown said...

Cool. I'm slogging away on a quilt that's been underway for about two years. Maybe at some point I can finish it and take part in these fun WhipUp activities.

BTW I know Lesley Riley's website, but I didn't know she was blogging too. Have to check it out. Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

And I AM old lol 33 haha That must make you 34 wink wink
Awesome bag--is the fabric silk screened? Have you ever tried that? It is deceptively easy and they sell premade kits at artstores. I'm into fabric dyes adn stamps recently.
(Thanks so much for the calendar. I'm still meaning to send a card I made you. I'm saving stamps for David.) The art piece that rotates is surreal-gorgeous are you going to make one?
OXO Mel